Announcement of SEPAWA® e.V. AWARDS
SEPAWA® [Soap, Perfume, Cosmetic and Detergent Experts Association] e.V. has set up a program in order to further the advancement of junior scientists in the particular fields related to the association. Up to eight awards will be granted to excellent junior scientists.
Up to three prizes are awarded to graduates with a bachelor degree:
- 1st prize (2,000€)
- 2nd prize (1,000€)
- 3rd prize (500€)
Likewise, up to three prizes are awarded to postgraduates with a masters degree:
- 1st prize (2,500€)
- 2nd prize (1,500€)
- 3rd prize (1,000€)
In addition, two outstanding doctoral theses will be awarded with each 3,000 €.
The evaluation criteria/terms of participation:
- The subjects of the papers ought to be application-oriented and in line with the fields of the SEPAWA® e.V. The association, whose purpose it is to encourage the practical and scientific education and further training of all those working in the fields of detergents and cleansers, cosmetics, perfumery as well as chemical-technical applications, is thus providing a great incentive for a scientific examination of its subject areas.
- Continuous, efficient studies, outstanding grades as well as quality and relevance of the supplied thesis are the basic qualifications for a SEPAWA® e.V. Award.
- Comparable qualifications also apply for the PhD Thesis Award. Needless to say, for this award, however, content and originality of the thesis play an additional and particularly important role in the evaluation.
Thursday, 14 October 2021 from 13:15 hrs during the keynote address. The competition starts on 14 April 2021. All those interested in taking part may send in an application from 14 April until 16 June 2021.
In cooperation with the Association for the Promotion of Science and Humanities in Germany, SEPAWA® e.V. has sponsored an endowed professorship since 2016. This professorship was installed at the University of Applied Science in Ostwestfalen-Lippe for the Technologie of detergents, Cosmetics and Pharmacy. The aim is to foster education and research in the fields of SEPAWA® e.V. relevant knowledge.
Experimental kits for schools (currently not available)
SEPAWA® e.V. gives away experimental kits „Soaps and detergents“ to secondary schools
Education is an important precondition for the sustainable dealing with products from the cosmetic, detergent and cleaner sector. To convey the necessary basics, the SEPAWA® e.V. Section Legislative / Environment / Consumers [LUV] developed the SEPAWA® e.V. "Soaps & Detergents" experimental kit on the basis of existing concepts in cooperation with practitioners from the school sector. These sets are free of charge, with the schools bearing only the shipping costs.
The experimental kit can be requested by mail email@example.com. Independent experimentation is part of contemporary science education. This way, students can actually „grasp“ chemistry. Interested and well-educated students will most likely become responsible consumers who are able to use the products safely and efficiently and thus - in the true sense of the word – will do so in a sustainable manner.
In this respect, the promotion of further education and advanced training in the area of natural science and technology is in the very interest of SEPAWA® e.V. and represents one of the long-term goals of the industry association.
A special thankyou goes out to the companies which have contributed to the success of this measure by way of donating chemicals:
- BASF SE, Carl-Bosch-Straße 38, 67056 Ludwigshafen
- Brenntag Holding GmbH, Stinnes-Platz 1, 45472 Mülheim an der Ruhr
- Clariant Produkte Deutschland GmbH, Brüningstraße 50, 65929 Frankfurt am Main
- Clariant Products (Switzerland) Ltd., Rothausstrasse 61, CH-4132 Muttenz
- Dreiring Werke GmbH & Co. KG, Hentrichstraße 17, 47809 Krefeld
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbung* mit Lebenslauf, Zeugnissen, Abschlussnoten des Studiums, Bachelor-, Master- bzw. Promotionsarbeit in vollem Umfang sowie weitere fakultative Angaben (Publikationen, externen Vorträgen, Praktika, Stipendien etc.) bis zum 17. Juni 2020 an die SEPAWA® Geschäftsstelle:
SEPAWA® e.V. Office
Alte Schule Burg/Dorfstr. 40
Falls eine Geheimhaltung gewünscht wird, können die drei Jury-Mitglieder eine entsprechende schriftliche Erklärung dazu abgeben.
Die Förderpreise werden im Rahmen des SEPAWA® CONGRESS im Oktober in Berlin überreicht.
Weitere Informationen Kongress Website
*Für die administrative Bearbeitung ist die Einreichung der Bewerbung über E-Mail günstig.